Updated: Apr 25, 2018
These are SO quick and easy to make!
Vegan, Grain free, Gluten free, Paleo, Low sugar, perfect for GAPS diet, and can even be Nut Free without the icing, perfect for kiddies lunch boxes.
My two and four year old nieces loved making these! I sent them home with a couple of cupcakes in a container to be enjoyed after dinner, however by the time they survived the car trip home they were more like cupcake crumble (which mum loved on her breaky the next morning!).
· ½ cup coconut flour
· ¼ cup coconut oil
· 2 chia eggs
· 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (or honey/agave)
· 2 teaspoons of gluten free baking powder
· ¼ cup water (can use a nut mylk for a creamier taste)
· Juice of 2 lemons
· 1 vanilla bean pod
· Sprinkle of cinnamon
· Sprinkle of nutmeg
· Sprinkle of salt
· 1 cup soaked cashews
· Juice of one lemon
· ¼ cup maple syrup (or honey/agave)
· 1 tablespoon coconut oil
· Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius
· Separate cupcake liners into tray
· Mix all of the cupcake dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
· Mix through wet ingredients until smooth and separate into cupcake liners
· Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through
· Whilst baking, blend all ingredients in a blender until combined and smooth
· Place in the fridge to harden whilst the cupcakes bake
· Once cupcakes are baked and cooled, spoon the icing onto each cupcake and sprinkle over with cinnamon
** For a Nut Free version, simply give the icing a miss!